Sunday, July 14, 2013

Oh the Prospects of Preschool and Prayer...



Lesson 2: Pray hard and hope for the best! So, as I mentioned in my last post, big changes have been a mainstay in my life for the past year. Changes in leadership, grades, hubby relocation, moving cities, and finally....a change in settings for my career as well! I have been blessed with the opportunity to spend some time teaching in preschool again! I truly never thought that I would have this opportunity again...and yet hear I am! God is SO good! For the past few years I have truly struggled
with the challenge of balancing teaching and "mommyhood", especially when the hubby decided to go to seminary! Last year was probably the toughest year I can remember in a long time. It was the kind of year that made you take a long hard look at the priorities in your life and figure out where you needed to cut back.

Now, for most who know me, I am not a corner cutter, minimalist, or even a "just get the job done" kind of a person. I am the kind of person who pours their heart and soul into just about everything. I grade too much...so that I know exactly what my students need more work on. I plan too much, so that I not only have a plan B, but a C, D, & E, just in case. I like to be involved in my kiddos lives...so I tend to volunteer to do things...things that I don't have time for....and the list goes on and on. Before my life took a sudden turn, I was working into crazy hours of the night, napping, and waking early in hopes of completing a neverending "to-do" list. I knew that this was not the answer and that lack of sleep was beginning to take its toll on my effectiveness. Did you know that lack of sleep can be just as debilitating as alcohol?! Who knew?! Well, I knew that something had to give. What I didn't know is that life around the corner would hold a future that I could not have dreamed for. Preschool! And, not just any preschool! 3 day a week preschool! So, not only do I get to keep teaching, I also get to be the mommy I want to be! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! This change has answer to prayer written all over it! It's a good thing that I have a cardboard jungle (all the unpacking still to do) to keep me busy until school starts in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment