Sunday, August 4, 2013

What will the Impact Be?

Ever say yes before you knew what you were getting into?  Well, I did just that when I volunteered for Vacation Bible School.  For those of you who don't know, I am married to the church
via my hubby.   We will be serving this next week in "storytime" for 4th-6th graders!  Definitely NOT my comfort zone....but we will do what we can to bring the bible to life for these kiddos.  I am by nature more of an early childhood/primary kind of gal, but my hubby works with wacky teenagers all day long.  So, between the two of us, we will work to bring real life application to the stories of celebrations of long ago. Being that we have never seen how this church does VBS, our options were an endless sea of possibilities.  My prayer is that we chose wisely and sail through the week in a sea of smiles and awaken new understandings of traditions and celebrations in our Christian heritage.  I am excited to be part of a congregation that seems to be after more than just warming the pews.  I am excited to be part of a team that seems to remember that being a Christian is not about being entertained but understanding God's call on our lives.  I am excited to have the opportunity to possibly make a difference in the lives of our children.  I am excited to have a front row seat in the story that God has in store for us all during this week of VBS!

No comments:

Post a Comment