Monday, February 3, 2014

Hard to believe, it's CURRENTLY February!

This was Fun!!  Thanks to Oh Boy, 4th Grade  for setting up this linky party!

Listening:  I currently have 1 healthy member of my household aside from myself (knock on wood!!) So ready for the roller-coaster weather ride to be over.

Loving:  I am loving the easy to use, no mess, gas fireplace that provides me with much needed extra heat (so that I won't get in "trouble" for bumping up the thermostat once again!!)

Thinking:  About all the things that I SHOULD be doing instead of having fun blog hoppin' around this evening.

Wanting:  I want...and now you are all my witnesses, to be better about posting to my blog.  I have so much to share but get caught up in the day to day bustle and forget to take the time to just sit down and do it.  Maybe you all will help to hold me accountable!  My aim is weekly....maybe every other??

Needing:  I need to quit putting myself at the end of my to-do list! Today I actually got up and let my daughter get her own breakfast while I ran on the treadmill!!  I felt great all day because I took 20 minutes to spend on me!!  (I know that's not much for all you runners out there, but I'm a little...ok a lot out of practice).  I need to take care of myself so that I CAN take care of everyone else.

2 Truths & A Fib:  I have traveled to Hong-Kong to see where my father grew up.  I am a first generation American in my family and it was a blessing and incredibly eye-opening experience to see where my father came from.  As Americans, we take so much for granted and we don't even realize it!!

I have a rearranging addiction....in fact if there was a support group, I should probably attend.  Maybe it's a need for Feng Shui....or maybe I never want to be stuck in a rut...who knows? I am always searching for the "just right" arrangement that makes everything flow nicely...this includes my classroom...

My favorite color is not black, although you wouldn't know it since 90% of my wardrobe and furniture is indeed black (it goes with everything right?)!  My favorite color is yellow :) and I have recently made a conscious effort to include yellow in my decor!!

Now it's your turn!  What are you currently up to?




                                                       

6 comments:

  1. I need to be a more consistent blogger, too. It's hard to keep up with writing about my day when there's so much going on!

    Also, I'm super jealous because my house is an old house with no fireplace! Boo. So I have to turn on the fireplace channel and pretend!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, here's to both of us being better at blogging! I am sure the fireplace channel is much cleaner than a fireplace though!! I have enjoyed reading your blog! So glad I stumbled upon it!! Linky parties are so great at connecting people!!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your Currently and learning a little bit about you! I have to say that I can relate to your want. I have made a promise this year to be a better and more intuned blogger! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I have stumbled upon your blog! I really enjoyed reading your Monday made it....love the planters!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your Currently! So sorry to see your family has been ill. It is going around here too.
    I am super jealous of your fireplace. I've been thinking my family room could use one especially with the nasty cold temperatures we have been having here.
    I know what you mean about taking time for you and for blogging. It is difficult to do all the things we want to at times isn't it? I've made both keeping up with the blogging and doing a little more for myself goals for this year too. Hopefully we'll both be successful at it. Have a great week!
    ♬Kay
    On the Trail of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully spring will come soon!! I'd have to say that I am SO ready for warmer weather! Thank God the weather here in Texas is so crazy up and down that every once in a while, even in the dead of winter we get a little visit from Spring (it was 70 and sunny today after being in the 30's on Wed!)

    ReplyDelete