Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tomorrow will be Totally WRAD!

WRAD

We are so excited for World Read Aloud Day! (WRAD)   Truthfully we are combining celebrations of Dr. Seuss and World Read Aloud Day.  We have decided to share our love of reading with our class by having a couple guest readers come in and share their favorite Dr. Seuss books and utilize technology by listening to someone famous read a book.   I found this really fun site run by the Screen Actors Guild called Story Online. Each book is paired with an activity guide and the videos are high quality.  Check out a couple below.  I hope you take the time to celebrate World Read Aloud Day and change the world by instilling a love of reading in our future!



A few of my all time favorite Dr. Seuss books are:

See this book on my Shelf I love this read aloud for modeling character voices, to talk about how character's can change, and for teaching about the importance of caring and conserving our resources.

See this book on my Shelf! I love using this book at the beginning of the year to discuss emotions and how we all feel a variety each day.  We discuss how feelings are not bad and all feelings are allowed.  We then discuss how to properly handle and express our feelings so that we all remain in a safe environment.

See this book on my Shelf! I love this story when addressing how we should treat others.  This is a great character lesson book with "The Zax", "Too Many Daves", and "What was I Afraid of?" included.

Hoping Everyone has a WRAD day!!

                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment