Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Don't forget Father's Day!

I did this creation for Mother's Day, but did not get it posted in time....so, I thought it might be easily adapted for Father's Day.  Often schools forget about the dads and they get the short end of the stick.  As you think about wrapping up your year, think about wrapping a little something for the dads before you are through.

You will need the lids from as many coffee creamers as you have students.
I love a little coffee with my cream, so these lids are not hard to come by for me.  However, I am certain that they would not be all that hard to come by if you put the word out that you were in need.

Wash lids and open so that they stand up like little picture frames.

I printed pictures on my computer using a circle mask (a template that keeps the size uniform).  I measured my lids to be about 2.5 inches in diameter.  I cut these circles out, used masking tape to secure and viola!  Cute frames ready to decorate.

I then gave the kiddos some sequins and craft glue and they glued about 6-7 "jewels" around their frame.








Then because we were in need of wrapping paper, I had the kiddos decorate white lunch sacks.  We placed their frames into the bags complete with a homemade card (the best kind!) and called it done!



I don't know a dad out there who doesn't love a homemade gift from their kiddo!! 

1 comment: